Undisthreadness

Friday, December 30, 2005

Two bookmarks



Blue bookmark

100% cotton sewing thread
0,6 mm steel crochet hook

8 ch, close with a sl. st. to make ring (where later a tassel will be fixed). Ch 48, sl. st in the 8th ch from hook.

1st row: Ch 4, 11 tr in the ring. Turn.
2nd row: Ch 5, tr in next st, [ch 1, 1 tr] to the end. Turn.
3rd row: Ch 3, sc in the first ch loop, [ch 3, sc in the next ch loop] to the end. Turn.
4th row: 4 sc in the first ch loop and in all the following chain loops to the end. Turn.
5th row: Ch 6, sk 5 st, sc in the next st. Turn.
6th row: Repeat 1st row.
7th row: Repeat 2nd row; finish with ch 4, 1 sc between 5th and 6th (from right to left) sc-covered 4th-row loops, turn.
8th row: 5 sc in the 4-ch loop; [ch 3, sc in the next 1-ch loop] to the endaté . Turn.
9th row: Repeat 4th row.
10th row: Repeat 5th row.
11th row: Repeat 1st row.
12th row: Repeat 7th row; finish with ch 4, 1 sc between 5th and 6th (from right to left) sc-covered 9th-row loops, turn.
13th row: Repeat 8th row; finish with ch 5, sc between 6th and 7th (from right to left) sc-covered 4th-row loops. Turn.
14th row: 6 sc in the 5-ch loop; 4 sc in each 3-ch loop to the end. Turn.

Repeat from 10th to 14th rows until desired size. Finish off. Make a tassel in the first 8-ch loop.

Green Bookmark

100% cotton sewing thread
0,6 mm steel crochet hook

Chain 8, close with sl st to form a ring.

1st row: Ch 3, 6 dc, ch 3, 1 sl st in the ring. Turn.
2nd row: Ch 7, 1 treble on top of first 3ch, ch 1, *1 tr in the next st, ch 1*, repeat from * to * 5 times more, 1 tr on top of last 3ch. Ch 7, sl st in the first ring. Turn.
3rd row: In the 7-ch loop, 2 sc, 1 picot (picot = ch 3, sc on the side of the last sc), 3 sc, picot, 3 sc, picot, 1 sc; sc on top of next tr, [sc in the ch loop, sc in the next tr] 5 times, ch 5, turn; skip 5 st, sc in the next st, turn; sl st in the 5-ch loop, ch 3, 6 dc in the 5-ch loop, ch 3, sl st in the 5-ch loop; [sc in the next 1-ch loop, sc in the next tr] twice. Turn.
4th row: Ch 7, 1 tr on top of the first 3 ch of last row rised dc group, ch 1, [tr in the next st, ch 1] 6 times, tr on top of last 3 ch; ch 7, sl st in the last tr of the 2nd row. Turn.

Repeat 3rd and 4th rows until desired lenght.

Last row: In the 7-ch loop, 2 sc, 1 picot, 3 sc, 1 picot, 3 sc, 1 picot, 1 sc; [sc on the next tr, sc in the ch loop, picot] 7 times, sc on the last tr; keep working on the 7-ch loops of the bookmark side; in each of them make 2 sc, 1 picot, 3 sc, 1 picot, 3 sc, 1 picot, 2 sc, finish the row with 7 sc in the beginning ring. Doesn’t finish off.

To make tassel: sl st in the first sc, ch 5, skip 2 st, 1 tr in next st (but don’t pull a loop through the last 2 tr loops on the hook), sk 2 st, double-treble in the next st (but don’t pull a loop through the last 2 tr loops on the hook), yo and pull through all the loops on the hook; ch 48, sl st in the 7th ch from hook. FO. Fix the tassel in this 6-ch last ring.

24 Comments:

  • Very lovely!

    By Blogger Michelle, at 1:15 PM  

  • WOW
    Those bookmarks are wonderful, thank you for sharing them with the rest of the CPers.

    By Blogger Julie, at 4:15 PM  

  • Oh, my! these are so pretty. I hope I can do this too! Thank you for sharing!

    Kim in Greencastle,PA

    By Blogger Kim, at 8:52 PM  

  • These are so pretty, I wonder if they could be worked up in yarn to make skinny scarves? I love the delicate fans bookmark.

    By Blogger Contemporary Southwestern Artist, at 10:37 AM  

  • hi micki here member of the cp list
    thanks for your info on crocheting with sewing thread
    and i love the blue bookmark i have got to try that it is so pretty
    thank you again for your help
    micki in alabama usa

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:02 AM  

  • love your bookmarks.

    By Blogger jenny, at 12:54 PM  

  • Oh My! These are exceptionally lovely bookmarks. Thank you for sharing your talent!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:23 AM  

  • Dear Beatriz: I wish I could comment to you in Portugese, but I do not know that language. These bookmarks are extraordinary. I love the fan motif. And although they work up similarly, they look very different. Thank you for your generosity. Sincerely, Corky

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:11 AM  

  • BEAUTIFUL DESIGN!!! THE BEST THAT I HAVE SEEN, IN A LONG TIME. I WANT TO MAKE SOME BOOKMARKERS FOR SOME CO-WORKERS. THANK YOU.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:02 PM  

  • Those are very lovely projects! :)

    But I was wondering...is there any way you could send me PDF of them?
    I'll tell you...

    I'm from Chile, so...I speak spanish
    Although I just loved your patterns, I tried doing them and could'nt get the instructions right...

    I would so much like to have detailed instructions to do them as a gift to my mum (mother's day in chile is just 5 days away!)
    So please, if you have a material with more detailed instructions, maybe some photos showing the step by step...
    Or some tutorial for dummies (jaja)
    please send it to me

    I would be so happy!
    :)

    Kisses
    Nati
    npcabrerar@gmail.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:26 PM  

  • I just love these! They are absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait to try them out for myself!
    :-)

    By Blogger Jess, at 12:45 AM  

  • Thank you for these bookmarks they are really beautifuull!!
    Can you please explain something, where you say: 2nd row: Ch 5, tr in next st, what is the next stitch?
    I'm stuck to that point, thanks for sharing anyway!! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:15 AM  

  • You made 11 trebles in the previous row; the 5 chains you've just made stand for the first stitch of the 2nd row (and if it was a treble, you'd make it inserting your hook in the 11th treble of the previous hook); so, the next stitch is the 10th treble of the previous row.

    By Blogger BeMedina, at 3:21 PM  

  • Excuse my English.

    Instead of (and if it was a treble, you'd make it inserting your hook in the 11th treble of the previous hook), read (and if it was a treble, you'd make it inserting your hook in the 11th treble of the previous ROW).

    By Blogger BeMedina, at 3:22 PM  

  • What does pb stand for? I believe it is in the 3rd row.
    Thanks, Pam

    By Blogger monkeytiger2008, at 5:04 PM  

  • It's a sc. Pb is the Brazilian abbreviation: ponto baixo. Excuse me and thank you. I'll correct the entry.

    By Blogger BeMedina, at 5:45 PM  

  • I have been trying to crochet the green bookmark ( one at bottom of page) for the last 2 days but getting nowhere and I do a lot of crocheting so PLEASE what am I doing wrong it is driving me mad but I will not give up

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:05 AM  

  • I'm not at your side to see what you are doing. So, it's very difficult for me to help. Why you aren't able to crochet it?

    By Blogger BeMedina, at 9:17 AM  

  • Thanks for reply but the pattern just does not seem to work out right, even a crochet friend of mine has had ago in case I was being thick but no luck is the pattern stitches for the USA as we are in the UK

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:03 AM  

  • Sorry, but as you must know, I'm not American nor Britain, I'm Brazilian and my native tongue is Portuguese. I have a lot more contact with American crocheters than with British crocheters, but you can easily find the equivalence between stitches at the web and translate the pattern. Someday I'll make a chart of it and nobody will have language issues with my poor English.

    By Blogger BeMedina, at 9:07 AM  

  • I love these bookmarks. I finished the blue one and it was pretty straight forward. I am having trouble with row 3. Have you done a video on this one or are there step by step pictures that you could send?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:25 PM  

  • No videos, no step-by-step pictures. It's an old pattern... Could you specify your trouble? I can try to rephrase the instructions.

    By Blogger BeMedina, at 9:02 AM  

  • Thanks for getting back to me. I think I know why I was having trouble. After the picots and the 5sc and 5 ch, the instruction are to turn and then skip 5 but that doesn’t work. If I don’t turn, it makes the 5ch loop for the next row. Hope I got it right. These are beautiful book marks.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:47 AM  

  • Well, I don't know how you'll make the next sc in the right place without turning, but if for you it's ok, so be it.

    By Blogger BeMedina, at 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home