Undisthreadness

Friday, January 20, 2006

Pillow cover


This is a pillow cover (front and back) I'm finishing for the pillow-cover swap of the Brazilian crochet list crocheterapia

I used 100% cotton string nr. 2/4 (the thinnest manufactured here), Supremo brand, and a 2.5 mm aluminium hook. I adapted Priscilla Hewitt's 'Square Pineapple Doily' from Priscilla’s Crochet site - I made one pineapple series more and kept adding delta-stitch rows until I got to the size required - 45 cm or 17.5 inches.

I have a doubt: I wish to put a border around the pillow cover. But I tried a fan stitch border and it didn't look right with the pineapples and delta-stitch rows. If someone has any suggestion, I think I could use some good ideas...

4 Comments:

  • Oh my goodness what a beautiful pillow cover you made.. I just had to tell you, Monique.. from Minnesota!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:50 PM  

  • Your work is fabulous and one can tell it's stitched with love.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:19 AM  

  • Hello. I'm Dawn and just came across your website. You share beautiful patterns with us. About the border for your pillow: Have you thought about a plain picot on sc stitches all around? Also, the crown picot stitch would look good, I think. Thanks, ~ Dawn ~

    By Blogger Dawn, at 5:10 PM  

  • Oops, I went to the border and saw that you already found one. It is picots and it looks great! Thanks, ~ Dawn ~

    By Blogger Dawn, at 5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home